Instructor: Mr. Roop Khroad
Course description: We offer training in Microsoft Excel for different versions ranging from beginner to advanced. If you’re new to Excel, you may be interested in our Excel Level 1 course and from there you will be able to branch out to a number of other topics.
This course is designed for new users. The course provides beginner concepts required to produce basic spreadsheets. Participants will learn how to create, save, open and close files; enter data; as well as edit using insert, delete, move and copy functions. This course presents simple formula creation concepts including the use of built-in functions. Relative formulas will also be covered. On completion of this course students will be familiar with formatting features such as: row heights, column width, alignment, merge cells and number styles. Participants will also work with margins, headers and footers to enhance page layout in different views to prepare for printing.
Prerequisites: Basic computer concepts, skills and knowledge of Windows
Key features and skills: Learn about Excel’s formatting tools, cell structure, formulas, data sorting and filtering, lookups and pivot table. By the end of the course, you will be equipped with the real-world Excel knowledge you need to accomplish your daily tasks with ease.
· High-level discussion on how excel works and the difference between documents and spreadsheets.
· General formatting capabilities and pre-existing tabular design formats.
· Discuss how cells work and how cells are referenced within Excel.
· Simple addition and multiplication formulas that are driven off of two or three columns.
· Copying and pasting formulas
· Dynamic vs. absolute reference to formulas.
· Creating formulas that reference data across multiple sheets.
· Multiple ways to sort data within a spreadsheet.
· Auto filters to find the data that one is looking for.
· Customer filters for more advanced data filtering
· Simple and complex ways to use lookup formulas.
· Analyze data in a spreadsheet using pivot tables.
Time: Monday, September 28, 4-7 pm
Cost: Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Register online: https://forms.gle/CXwDoB3vsg29c6R89
Self-assessment before coming to the class: https://assessment.digitalliteracyassessment.org/?module=23&cacheversion=2020.01.01.001
Location: Maskwacis Cultural College – Computer Lab
Minimum: 10 students
Maximum: 22 students
Program category: Continuing Education, Workforce development, Skill based
For more information contact: Maskwacis Cultural College, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org