This program is a 2 year (20 month) program designed for students to graduate with exceptional knowledge of Indigenous values, culture and Cree language. Community Elders
attend a number of classes to ensure consistency of training with the local community. With this diploma, students will be able to obtain employment in a variety of fields as consultants in
Indigenous issues. They could be employed by schools, band offices, community programs and businesses. Students will have the necessary requirement to enter the University of
Alberta Native Studies degree.
In addition to Math and English entrance requirements students need to have CREE 75 as a prerequisite to all other CREE language and culture courses.
- 2 English: ENGL 1500 plus one of RSWR 1900, ENGL 1501, ENGL 1125, WRST 1101
- 2 Fine Arts: DRAM 1500, plus new Arts course currently in development, INDG 1100
- 2 Science/Math: EART 1500, MATH 1507, MATH 1510, STAT 1500.
- 2 Social Science: ANTH 1500, SOCI 1500, PSYC 1500, PSCY 1501, POLI 1500, SOCI 2250.
- 1 Humanities: ENGL 1501 or HIST 1500
- I Computer: COMP 2502
- 9 Language and Culture: CREE 1000A, CREE 1000B, CRST 1101, CRST 1102, INDG 1910,
INDG 1911, INDG 2010, INDG 2240, INDG 2260
- I Elective: