MCC’s Adult Education Program engages students spiritually and intellectually to become role models for those following behind. Through lectures and labs, the program provides solid foundations in the core subjects of English, Mathematics, Sciences, Aboriginal Studies
and Cree Language to prepare students to further advance their careers and educations whether in immediate employment, technical school, college or university studies.
As adults, students now take ownership and responsibility for their own learning. Personal commitment drives the students to become focused, self-directed seekers of knowledge. Instructors are guides who help the adult students ‘learn to learn’. This truly is where ‘life-long learning’ begins.
To qualify for the Adult Education Program students must be 19 years of age, AND
1) Must be approved for funding through Alberta Works or any other sponsoring agency for their tuition fees and textbooks.
2) Must have applied with Maskwacis Cultural College Registrar’s ofce for the Adult Education Program.
3) Must have applied with BGS Career and Corporate Development Agency for funding
4) Must be in good standing with Alberta Works funding.
5) Must not have a high school diploma.
6) Must be willing and able to attend a minimum of 25 hours per week per semester in order to continue to qualify for Alberta Works.
7) Students will be expected to pass each class with a minimum of 60% in Level I and 65% in Level II in each class that a student is enrolled in.
8) Students must adhere to the policies that are set by Maskwacis Cultural College and Alberta Works.